Vaishali Ramakrishnan, HR, gave us an induction and allotted us to different sectors. I was given the consumer sector and the person I have to report to is Ruchita Masrani, Associate Director. This is what I have done so far-
- I had to search for wine trends in India in 2020. And also to look at some clubs and communities in Delhi, Bangalore, and Mumbai.
- To search for Kannada and Telugu music and dance influencers.
- Make the list of journalists who have covered wine or alcohol stories in the past six months.
- Look at social media profiles of influencers and celebrities from Bangalore who will work on the barter system. And also ten male Bangalore-based influencers with more than 20 thousand followers.
- To find lifestyle feature writers, who write for digital newspapers in Hindi and Marathi.
- To search for campaigns done by lifestyle brands national and international.
So far it has been good but the most difficult task for me was to search and analyze the social media pages of influencers, groups, and communities. And check whether they will be a perfect fit for the brand or not. This is what I have done so far, looking forward to learning and experiencing more things during my internship.
Kritika Khatwani is an alumna of the Class of 2020 of PG Programme in PR and Corporate Communications at SCoRe, Mumbai. She completed her winter internship with MSL, Mumbai. She was recruited by Adfactors PR for their Mumbai office.
She is from Jhansi. She has done her graduation from Mass Communications and Journalism. Her varied life experiences resonate with her passion for raising awareness about social causes. This is evident from her participation in the short film- Gaokor: A Period House. Her avid inclination towards creativity and writing is what pushed her to pursue a career in public relations. Music and coffee are her meditation.