Here are certain mantras to be followed by every PR professional. (Based on learnings)
1) Become a source of media information: Be well versed with the happenings of the current world.
2) Advance planning helps multitasking: Train yourself to be well organised.
3) Learn to prioritise: Always give important work the highest priority.
4) Keep calm, coz ‘Crisis’ is here: Don’t panic, there’s a solution for everything.
5) Make friends with the media: Since media playa a key role, keep the relation going. You never know when they could come of any help.
6) Follow rules, don’t assume: Rules are meant to be followed. Stop overthinking.
7) Pitch a trend: Always focus on the current happenings of the society.
– Nicole Fichardo
Nicole is currently a Junior Account Executive at Avian Media, one of India’s leading PR firms, where she received an internship and a final offer out of Class of 2017 of SCoRe. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. Her interest in working in areas that give her a chance to interact with people drove her towards a career in PR. She’s interested in photography, exploring new places, is a movie addict and a music lover.
She can be reached @NicoleFichardo on Twitter and as Nicole Fichardo on LinkedIn.